Mysore/Mysuru: As part of its Gita Jayanti festivities, International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON), Mysuru, is conducting a quiz contest based on the teachings of Bhagavad Gita.
Those interested may write the answers on a separate sheet of paper and handover at the Temple book counter or e-mail to: “[email protected]” or send it by post before Jan. 6, 2021 to ISKCON, No. 213, 18th Cross, Jayanagar, Mysuru – 570 014. Results will be announced on Jan. 9, 2021.
Part A – Choose the correct answer
1. In third chapter, Arjuna asks a question to Lord Krishna: By what is one impelled to sinful acts, even unwillingly, as if engaged by force? Krishna’s reply is:
a) Greed b) Lust c) Envy d) Love
2. As described in the fourth chapter, what does the fire of knowledge burn to ashes?
a) The subtle body b) Only sinful activities
c) The gross body d) All reactions to material activities
3. In the fifth chapter, what is the example given to illustrate that enlightenment with knowledge destroys nescience?
a) As the lotus leaf is untouched by water
b) As the sun lights up everything in day time
c) As a lamp is steady in a windless place
d) As air carries aroma
4. In the sixth chapter, what is described as both a friend & an enemy?
a) Mind b) Intelligence
c) Sense objects d) False ego
5. As described in the seventh chapter, who among the following does not surrender to Lord Krishna?
a) The distressed b) The desirer of wealth
c) Grossly foolish d) The inquisitive
6. As described in the eighth chapter, by human calculation what is the duration of one day of Lord Brahma?
a) One thousand years b) One million years
c) Forty-three lakh years d) One thousand millenniums
7. As described in the ninth chapter, a mahatma is a person who takes shelter of:
a) Divine nature b) Honesty
c) Great determination d) Knowledge
Part B – Fill in the correct answers
8. As described in the tenth chapter, Lord Krishna says that He destroys the darkness born of ignorance with _______?
a) Hard work b) Mystic power
c) Shining lamp of knowledge d) Mental speculation
9. As described in the twelfth chapter, for those whose minds are attached to the unmanifested, advancement is very troublesome because they are _______?
a) Sentimental b) Embodied
c) Not equally disposed d) Uncontrolled
10. Explain in about one hundred words the relevance of Bhagavad Gita for the modern age.