Once a wise man said, “Gold is no longer an investment. It is no longer a portfolio item. Gold is your lifeline and I mean it literally.” And who better than the Indians would acknowledge the Power of Gold. Be it childbirth, festivals, housewarming, or marriage occasions; each special event is marked by the purchase of gold or gold ornaments. And with Akshaya Tritiya just around the corner, basking in the gleam of bright golden beauty is indispensable.
Though essentially a chemical element, Gold is much more than a metal. It finds widespread use across domains like jewelry, medicine, electronics, food, and many more. Owing to its rareness, it carried enormous value and is one of the most costly items traded globally. As per the Indian society, gold is associated with Maa Lakshmi, the Goddess of Wealth, and hence is believed to bring prosperity and richness along. To commemorate this, every year people throughout the country try to buy gold on Akshaya Tritiya and Diwali. And Melorra presents the finest range of jewelry if looking to purchase gold on Akshaya Tritiya.
Understanding Significance of Akshaya Tritiya
Akshaya Tritiya falls in the Hindu month of Vaisakh on Shukl Paksha Teej and is regarded as one of the most auspicious occasions to mark the beginning of anything new, for it is reckoned to give rise to victory, triumph, and opulence. It helps individuals achieve fortune, money, and stature in society. The name ‘Akshaya Tritiya’ is coined from the Sanskrit Term ‘Akshaya’ and ‘Tritiya’ meaning everlasting, perpetual, and third respectively. It signifies that wealth or assets bought on this day shall grow eternally and only symbolize success in times to come. Also popularly known as ‘Akkha Teej’, this year Akshaya Tritiya falls on 14th May 2021 at 5.38 AM and ends on 15th May at 7.59 AM.
Mythological Stories around Akshaya Tritiya
Delving deep into history and mythology, there are numerous fascinating folklores around the prominence of celebrating Akshaya Tritiya. Here are some of them –
- It was on this day that Lord Ganesha with the great rishi Ved Vyas began scripting the epic Mahabharata.
- The opulence of Akkha Teej is contained in the story that says it is on this day that Shri Krishna gave wealth and jewels to his dear poor friend Sudama that never ceased throughout his life.
- The Jain community all over celebrates this day as the appearance day of their first deity, God Adinath who set the path for Jainism – the religion of peace and brotherhood.
- Apart from Goddess Lakshmi, another Lord Kubera, who is the financier of gods, worshipped her to attain this powerful post.
Akshaya Tritiya at Melorra
Melorra is the one-stop destination for jewelry needs of all kinds – silver, diamonds, and gold. With a broad spectrum of articles to pick from, all ornaments at Melorra are hand-crafted with extensive precision and exquisite modern and traditional designs.
- Earrings – This season opt for a pair of subtle earrings based on pearls or stones studded in gold or diamonds. Not only will they look elegant but shall not lose sheer even after everyday wear.
- Finger Rings – No piece of jewelry draws attention like a beautifully drawn finger-ring. It could be a small diamond chunk or a large statement ring, the choice is huge.
- Necklaces & Chokers – And if wanting to splurge on something extraordinary, try the newest range of graceful yet magnificent chokers and neckpieces.
Be it a small purchase or a big one, it doesn’t matter. What counts is celebrating this auspicious occasion with great fervor and pomp wishing cosmic growth and success for one and all.