We the tax-payers never get what we are supposed to get from the Government in most cases. It could be due to lack of accountability.
In the ‘H’ block of Kanakadasa Nagar (Dattagalli 3rd Stage), we have been witnessing that the street-lights are not functioning for the last four months. In the past, the authorities used to come and fix the lights, the lights used to function for 15 days to 1 month and then used to go-off.
Our neighbours used to comment that used tubes are being replaced instead of new ones and that’s how they don’t function for long. When our household tubes work for years, how come the street-lights go off in 15 days? This is a million dollar question! I have a few serious questions for the authorities in the interest of general public:
1) Is there a helpline to complain about non-functioning street lights? If yes, what is that number/s?
2) In case we call that number, will somebody receive and respond? If the call is not received, whom to complain about it?
3) If the complaint is received, how long does it take for the authorities to fix the problem? If the problem is not fixed within time, who else can be contacted?
4) After replacing the tube, what would be the average expected life span of the new tube/s? Who will be held responsible, in case, the tube works for a few days and stops functioning?
I request the authorities to address the above issues, so that, going forward, we can have a working system in place.
– R. Prakash, Advocate, Kanakadasa Nagar, 10.8.2018
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]