By S.B.S. Surendran
Every day hustle bustle and all the happenings have a great influence in our lives, one can experience joy and happiness with the happenings or get stressed and overwhelmed with anxiety. Stress and anxiety have a major influence not only in the behaviour but also inner health of the person. The faster our lives run, the less directly we communicate, the more we overwhelm ourselves and in turn it gives rise to expectations having an influence on the nervous systems.
Controlling stress and anxiety is not very easy for many, and over a period of time it becomes part of their life activity. However, adapting some basic principles of Feng Shui a harmonious environment can be created which not only helps in reducing anxiety but also aids in finding solutions to the situation causing anxiety or stress.
Feng Shui principles align energy patterns with healing forces of nature which are primarily based on influencing the flow of qi (Chi) or energy through the home and other aspects of the environment,. This gives rise to a harmonious home that lays the foundation for emotional, spiritual, and physical well-being.
Some simple Feng Shui improvement can make a room feel more comfortable, harmonious. Wall colours to lighting when chosen properly with the right placement of furniture and beds, Feng Shui kicks in to support the occupants and ensures that anxiety levels are minimal.
Start by looking around your place of dwelling. Focus on important areas in your home.
- Bedroom is the area meant for rejuvenation, renewal, and harmony. Remove electrical wires around the bed, sources such as TVs, computers, should be placed away from the bed to avoid high magnetic radiation and fields.
- Ensure you catch up with sleep and your bedroom is harmonious for a good night’s sleep. Block excess light into the room with black out curtains and use a lavender aroma incense or burner to diffuse the room with the fragrance of lavender which aids in good sleep.
- Create a pleasant feel with colours. White decor deflects life force and thus neutralises feelings. However, a touch of colour gives birth to feelings and happiness. Hence, add shades of colours harmonious to the occupants based on Feng Shui element analysis which can negate feelings that lead to anxiety.
- Clutter creates anxiety and when things are disorganised, it further ads to the stress levels. Keeping things organised, clutter free is not only aesthetically pleasant but makes life simpler. Focus on bedroom and entrance ways and keep them clutter free.
- Bring in sunlight and its good to soak some portions of you home with sunlight. It not only acts as anti-bacterial and anti-fungal but fills the room with positivity or Yang energy. In the absence of direct sunlight reaching your home, turn on warm lights and add a painting which depicts sun to simulate the feel of warmth.
Feng Shui remedies to counter anxiety ensures that the occupants feel less burdened with their day to day chores and in turn gives insights and opportunities to overcome stress.