If you are facing negative situations or emotionally weak, cleanse your personal energy with sea salt in your bath and take a sea salt bath seven days in a row to help clear your energy and detox your spirit.
Feng Shui has many symbolic cures which have deeper meaning. However, a simple and yet effective cure to counter negativity, cleanse your energy and that of the living space is by using sea salt. Salt is an ancient mineral with precious properties, including strong cleansing properties, and it has been used in various cleansing rituals since very old times. Salt is also used in various body purification treatments and massages, as it has the ability to absorb the negative, dull, low energies, thus leaving the energy fresh and pure.
In many ancient cultures, including the Chinese, salt was considered to have cleansing properties and were used by various sects and religions. Salt was believed to ward off evil spirits and negative energy.
Traditionally in Feng Shui, salt is either used as a standalone or at times combined with water and metal to make it more potent to counter intense negative energies.
Open dishes of sea salt placed in a porcelain plate are used in Feng Shui to help purify the atmosphere. The salt is thought to have a cleansing influence on the Chi. Rather like the way salt absorbs moisture from the air, salt is also considered to dry the negative Chi. In fact, a dish of sea salt can be placed by an entrance or window to help wash the Chi flowing into a building.
The sea salt in a open plate can also be placed in the north-east and south-west parts of the building to help increase stability and support from the house to the occupants. The theory is that, this five element earth axis is less stable and benefits from the dense, absorbent, five element metal, properties of the salt. However, one needs to ensure that the salt is changed monthly. Most importantly, place the salt when you feel happy, content and loving so that your house has an imprint of these emotions.
• Before moving in to a new residence, sprinkle salt in each room of the house, especially in the corners and allow it to stay for at least 24 hours to absorb the energies of the earlier occupants. Sweep up the salt and dispose it away from the home after 24 hours.
• If you’ve purchased jewellery with stones or geodes, soak them in sea salt; this would help in cleansing the stones and crystals.
• If you’ve had illness in the house or arguments, you can clean using salt water. Add salt to water that’s soaked in the Sun for at least four hours to completely purify the space with Yang energy.
• Use salt and water to mildly wipe any antiques you may have procured or inherited. Put salt in drawers of an antique chest to draw out old energies and cleanse it thoroughly.
• If you are facing negative situations or emotionally weak, cleanse your personal energy with sea salt in your bath and take a sea salt bath seven days in a row to help clear your energy and detox your spirit.
• To attract wealth luck, put a few crystals of rock salt into your wallet to draw water and money to your life.