- Dy.SP M.K. Ganapathy could have shot himself with his revolver, but why did he choose to hang himself?
- What was the mystery behind the bullets found in his room?
- What was the role of the reporter who interviewed him before the Dy.SP hanging himself?
- Why was the reporter’s statement not recorded as part of the probe?
- Why did the Dy.SP go to Madikeri after telling his subordinates that he would go to Bengaluru?
- Why the government chose Police (CID) to investigate when its Home Minister and Police Officers were involved in the case?
- How and from where did the Dy.SP get the leather belt that he used to hang himself?
- How did the Police get to know about his suicide?
Dy.SP Ganapathy Case – Time Line
July 7, 2016: Ganapathy found hanging at Vinayaka Lodge in Madikeri after giving an interview to a local channel, naming George and two IPS Officers as responsible.
July 8: CM orders CID inquiry
July 10: Kushalnagar Police hesitate to register FIR against George and other two accused.
July 11: Ganapathy’s family move Madikeri Court.
July 18: Madikeri Court directs Police to register FIR. George resigns as Bengaluru Dev. Minister.
July 19: Madikeri Police register FIR against the three accused, including George.
August 5: Court directs the CID to submit the final report before September 19.
Sept. 17: CID concludes that the accused had no role in Ganapathy’s death.
Sept. 20: HC rejects plea by Ganapathy’s father Kushalappa and brother Machaiah seeking CBI probe.
Dec. 27: Kushalappa and Machaiah approach the Supreme Court seeking CBI probe.
Sept. 5, 2017: Supreme Court orders CBI probe, gives 3 months for completion.