I would like to draw the attention of Railway authorities regarding the following problems faced by the passengers in the parking lots of Mysuru Junction, specially at the CFTRI side.
- There is no proper lighting arrangement in the parking lot. We have to depend upon the lights of booking office building. As a result passengers have to struggle hard to locate their vehicles after sunset.
- Apart from this, the whole area, specially near the trees is full of garbage including dry leaves, pieces of cloth, plastic bottles and broken helmets.
- It is also found very often that the parked vehicles are dragged away from their actual place to some other row making it very difficult for the owner to find out the same when he/she comes to collect the two-wheeler.
- Although the young boys employed here are kind enough to help the passenger by using torch-light or the light of their mobile phone, it cannot be regarded as an example of good management.
I would also like to give some practical suggestions to improve the situation:
- Provide proper lighting arrangement in the parking space.
- Cleaning should be done regularly.
- Manning staff should be instructed not to move the vehicle from the original place.
- A layout should be prepared by drawing white/yellow lines to demarcate parking space for each vehicle, main lanes, bylanes and so on.
- Each row should be given a particular number, letter or both for easy location of parked vehicle and if possible the place should be allotted while issuing the token at the entrance (for example, A3/45 or something like this).
- To ensure all this regular inspection should be done by the authorities concerned.
[note: I am a frequent user of these parking lots and all my feedback and suggestions are based on my personal experience.]
– Biresh Kumar, CIIL, Manasagangothri, 2.9.2017
You can also mail us your views, opinions, and stories to [email protected]