Private Hospitals to procure vaccines through CoWIN from July 1

Private Hospitals to procure vaccines through CoWIN from July 1

June 30, 2021

New Delhi: Private Hospitals will no longer be able to directly procure COVID-19 vaccine supplies from manufacturers and will have to place their orders through the Government’s CoWIN platform.

“Yes, they will need to procure through Co-WIN; it is being made a simple and transparent process,” said a senior Union Health Ministry official on condition of anonymity. CoWIN is the backbone of the national COVID immunisation delivery management system.

The new procurement process will be operational from tomorrow (July 1). There will be a slot on CoWIN for Private Hospitals to register as private COVID vaccination centres to be able to avail of the facility.

The approval will be granted on CoWIN itself and the payment for vaccine doses will also have to be made electronically through the National Health Authority Portal (NHA), after which the order will be processed.

The Centre is procuring 75 percent of the vaccine supplies produced in a given month to be distributed under its free supply scheme and the remaining 25 percent is left to be taken up by the Private Hospitals across the country based on doses allocated in advance.

The step was taken after a huge disparity was seen in the private sector with vaccination largely limited to big private vaccination centres that tend to buy a major volume from the available 25 percent quota allotted to the private sector.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]