CM inaugurates Bovi Development Corporation

CM inaugurates Bovi Development Corporation

October 10, 2017

Bengaluru: Chief Minister Siddharamaiah has said Karnataka was the only State where work contracts have been reserved for SC/ST community.

He was speaking after inaugurating Bovi Development Corporation here on Sunday.

Pointing out that the Bovi Development Corporation was a long-pending demand, Siddharamaiah said that he has now fulfilled the promise he had made while addressing a State-level Bovi Convention in 2015.

Stating that the Government has released Rs. 50 crore Grant to the Corporation, the CM assured that this Grant will be hiked in the coming days.

Quoting the 2013 caste census, the CM said that Karnataka has SC population of 17.15 percent and ST population of 6.95 percent, totalling 24.1 percent of the population.

Claiming that his Government had spent four times more than the previous Government for the development of scheduled communities, he called upon the Bovi community members to make best use of Government schemes meant for them.

Noting that education holds key for economic, academic and social growth of the community, Siddharamaiah asserted that his Government had done much for the Bovi community than previous Governments.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]