Dasara Expo opens tomorrow
News

Dasara Expo opens tomorrow

September 25, 2022

Mysore/Mysuru: Tourism Minister Anand Prithviraj Singh will inaugurate the 90-day grand Dasara Exhibition tomorrow (Sept. 26) at 4 pm at Dasara Exhibition Grounds.

Disclosing this at a press meet at Dasara Exhibition Grounds here yesterday, Karnataka Exhibition Authority (KEA) Chairman Mirle Srinivas Gowda said that they are expecting a footfall of over 12 lakh people to the exhibition this year. “On the inauguration day tomorrow, about 80 percent of stalls will be available and the remaining 20 percent stalls will be set up in upcoming days,” he said.

Entry fee for adults is Rs. 30 and for children is Rs. 20. There will be a separate fee for parking which is Rs. 10 for two-wheelers, Rs. 30 for cars and Rs. 50 for buses. There will be no entry fee for School children on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanthi (Oct. 2) and also on Kannada Rajyotsava (Nov. 1), he added.

Stating that there will be 39 stalls from various Departments, the KEA Chairman said that 143 commercials stalls and 30 food stalls will also be set up along with more than 60 amusement games at the expo. “Cauvery Multi-Media Art Gallery is already inaugurated which is open for public. The expo will also include a Sand Museum for the first time featuring sand art works on late actor Dr. Puneeth Rajkumar, PM Narendra Modi, Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav, iconic freedom fighters etc. Five minute Laser Show is also a part of the expo which will feature Karnataka’s historical moments. Over 4,000 people can watch the show at a time. There will be a free drinking water facility for the public. Eight toilets will be set up and will be maintained properly in order to ensure hygiene. 80 CCTV cameras have been installed at the venue to ensure safety. Information desk, Police out-post, First Aid Unit and Fire Department will also be functioning at the expo,” he said.

READ ALSO  Veterans relive their prowess in wrestling

Entry fee

Adults – Rs. 30; Children – Rs. 20

Parking fee- Two wheelers- Rs. 10, Car- Rs. 30, Bus- Rs. 50

Free entry for School children on Gandhi Jayanthi (Oct. 2) and Kannada Rajyotsava (Nov. 1)

ABOUT

Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 41 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.

CONTACT

Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]