Five injured as gas leak leads to fridge explosion in Hunsur

Five injured as gas leak leads to fridge explosion in Hunsur

February 3, 2021

Hunsur: Five persons suffered burn injuries while household articles were charred in the fire, when a fridge exploded due to leakage of gas from a LPG cylinder at a house on Lal Band Street in Hunsur this morning.

The incident took place at about 8 am today at the house of one Chandru, an autorickshaw driver.

Chandru’s wife Sushmitha, son Shivakumar, mother Jayamma, brother Mahesh and their neighbour Mohammed Ur Rehaman, who rushed to help them, have all suffered serious burn injuries and have been shifted to K.R. Hospital in Mysuru, where they are undergoing treatment.

Fire and Emergency Services personnel, who rushed to the spot along with a fire extinguishing vehicle, managed to douse the fire and prevented it from spreading further. 

A case in this regard has been registered at Hunsur Town Police Station.


Mysuru’s favorite and largest circulated English evening daily has kept the citizens of Mysuru informed and entertained since 1978. Over the past 45 years, Star of Mysore has been the newspaper that Mysureans reach for every evening to know about the happenings in Mysuru city. The newspaper has feature rich articles and dedicated pages targeted at readers across the demographic spectrum of Mysuru city. With a readership of over 2,50,000 Star of Mysore has been the best connection between it’s readers and their leaders; between advertisers and customers; between Mysuru and Mysureans.


Academy News Papers Private Limited, Publishers, Star of Mysore & Mysuru Mithra, 15-C, Industrial ‘A’ Layout, Bannimantap, Mysuru-570015. Phone no. – 0821 249 6520

To advertise on Star of Mysore, email us at

Online Edition: [email protected]
Print Editon: [email protected]
For News/Press Release: [email protected]