Mysore/Mysuru: Due to increasing inflow of tourists for the 10-day Dasara Festival in city, Mysuru City Corporation (MCC), in an effort to control the spread of the deadly COVID-19, has formed mobile teams to conduct COVID-19 tests free of cost.
Also, the MCC, in association with the Health and Family Welfare Department, has started COVID testing centres at 23 different locations of the city.
Speaking to SOM, MCC Health Officer Dr. D.G. Nagaraj stated that Corporation has taken this initiative to conduct testing on both asymptomatic and symptomatic patients in city, as there is increased inflow of tourists in recent days. Free testing will be conducted at these 23 centres from 10 am to 2 pm, he added.
MCC has appealed public to use the facility. Besides, if commercial or industrial establishments, educational institutions, Government or private organisations, want their staff to undergo COVID tests, they can contact the MCC, following which the mobile teams will visit their place and conduct COVID tests for free. Contact MCC Control Room on Mob: 94498-41196 or Ph: 0821-2440890.
Free COVID-19 Testing Centres in City
1. Primary Health Centre (PHC), Bannimantap
2. PHC, Rajendranagar
3. PHC, Eeranagere
4. PHC, Giriyabovipalya
5. PHC, HHMBG, Chamundi Hill Road
6. PHC, Chamundipuram
7. PHC, Kumbarakoppal
8. Beedi Workers Hospital, Azeez Sait Nagar
9. Community Health Centre (near Pailwan Basavaiah School
10. Amphitheatre, Rajivnagar
11. Near Bireshwara Temple, T.K. Layout
12. CITB, Hebbal
13. Farooqia Dental College, Tilaknagar
14. Builders’ Association of India (BAI), Vishweshwaranagar
15. Government School, near Somani College
16. Town Hall premises, near Clock Tower
17. Makkala Koota
18. K.R. Hospital
19. District (COVID) Hospital, Metagalli
20. Near Dufferin Clock Tower
21. Court Complex
22. Rama Mandira Park, Saraswathipuram
23. Kanaka Bhavan Ganeshabhandara, Janathanagar